- Perform hands-on research, including but not limited to in-depth interviews, ethnographic studies, observations, and mixed methods approaches, all of which help us find out how we can improve moments that matter to our patients and their families.
- Establish the goals of the research, the methods they will use to gather data, and the budget and timelines required.
- Work directly with patients, physicians, and other stakeholders, conducting and coordinating studies, and then synthesizing the research into findings for consideration and discussion.
- Create recruiting screeners and interview guides to conduct sessions, and recruit participants and/or provide oversight to vendors that assist with research.
- Facilitate all experience research related activities, inviting stakeholders to join in and creating a user experience culture within the organization.
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers. Understand how research impacts our services and the relevance of research to our services and key stakeholders.
- Recognize how to utilize and analyze qualitative data and customer feedback; and differentiate from quantitative data in reporting; keep up with Experience Design Research industry knowledge and what it brings to bear on operations.
- Mentor others and demonstrate knowledge of the ethics and professionalism in Experience Design Research.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or related work experience in Interaction Design, Service Design, Communication Design, UX Research, Design Research, Market Research, or any other related fields
- Knowledge of Experience Design Research methodologies or related experience, knowing how to adapt design approaches to the context of each project.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate research, ideas, perspectives in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
- Demonstration of exemplary work and professionalism as a non-managing leader in the team, and the ability to build professional, productive, trusting relationships with partners and team members.
- The ability to communicate persuasively and passionately about the value of design research, and demonstrate the impact of research on business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation, negotiation, persuasion, team facilitation and written communications skills
- The capability and desire to bring innovation in process or methods to the team and to work as part of a collaborative team.
- The ability to manage multiple projects (at various stages) concurrently, meet deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.