12A Floor, Counter C - D (WEST Lift)
8:00 am.- 7:00 pm.
We are ready in every aspect to help take care of a child’s health from birth to 15 years of age so that the first phase of life is healthy, forming a solid foundation for quality growth and helping reduce or dispel the worries of parents and families when their children are sick.
Expertise in All Pediatric Subspecialties
Our pediatric team provides general pediatric care and treats specialized, complex diseases that are difficult to treat by a specialist medical team, most of whom are American board certified with experience in treating difficult, complex illnesses in medical school hospitals. Our emphasis is on pediatric holistic care in conjunction with medical specialists for diseases, such as respiratory diseases, allergies, cardiac, gastrointestinal disorders, infectious diseases, cancers, and surgery, including infants and children in critical condition who need to be in the ICU or NICU.
In addition, they also work together with other health professionals such as nutritionists, dietitians, psychologists, etc., to look after and resolve issues relating to children’s health holistically.
Treatment with Care
Because young children cannot convey their discomfort or sickness, treating them requires close, attentive observation. Detailed history taking from parents, caretakers, family members, and anyone close to them to collect as much information as possible regarding their symptoms and the environment that may impact the caring and treatment is essential. Constipation, for example, is a problem in many children; it can affect children’s physical, personality, emotional, and mental development as they grow up. At MedPark Hospital, we work as a team to uncover disorders in their early stages and put an end to factors that may affect the child’s development.
Our doctors devote their time to parents and children to build relationships and trust, enabling a smooth and efficient treatment. Sickness can happen at any time. MedPark Hospital sets up a system convenient for family members to contact doctors and experienced health care professionals 24 hours a day so children can receive immediate and timely medical treatment, putting parents and family members at ease and reassured.
State-of-the-Art Technology for Children’s Quality of Life
MedPark Hospital deploys advanced and highly efficient diagnostic and treatment technologies such as high-definition gastrointestinal endoscopy, CT scan, ICU, and NICU. Couple with a multidisciplinary physician team, experienced nurses, and health care professionals skilled at taking good care of young patients will further enhance the efficacy of treatment outcomes.
Continuous Growth of Knowledge
To provide effective treatment and grow the knowledge of doctors and health care professionals, we regularly hold internal meetings and seminars to review interesting cases and share and pass on know-how and experience for continuous learning, team building, and development. It helps strengthen our team and to grow together.
Our Clinical Service
We assess, analyze, and treat the following specific and general pediatric disorders:
- Heart disease
- Growth hormone deficiency (short stature)
- Precocious puberty
- Child obesity
- Child development assessment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental delay
- Stimulating delayed child development
- Developmental delays and disabilities
- Pediatric health checkup
Diseases We Treat
- Pediatric heart disease such as congenital heart disease, heart failure, and cardiomegaly.
- Pediatric kidney diseases such as urinary tract infection, acute and chronic nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and urinary tract disorders including urinary hesitancy, hematuria, and frequent urination.
- Pediatric allergy and immunology such as lactose intolerance, asthma, chronic sinusitis, hives, and snoring.
- Pediatric endocrine disorders such as short stature, precocious puberty, child obesity, child diabetes, thyroid disorders, vitamin D deficiency, and menstrual disorders.
- Pediatric neurological disorders such as epilepsy, encephalitis, and meningitis.
- Pediatric pulmonology and critical care such as coughs, snoring, pneumonia, severe infection, shock, trauma, organ transplantation, and life support equipment.
- Gastrointestinal disorder and malnutrition such as gastrointestinal tract disease, gastritis, GERD, acute and chronic abdominal pain, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, blood in stools, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, liver disease, fatty liver, irritable bowel syndrome, and malabsorption syndrome.
- Pediatric infectious disease such as dengue fever, chikungunya, lymphadenopathy, multidrug-resistant infection, infections in immunocompromised host, fever of unknown origin, and tuberculosis, etc.
- Genetic disorders
- Cancer and hematological disease
- Adolescent psychiatry
- Child development stimulation: Speech and occupational therapy
- Breastfeeding clinic: Failure to thrive, clogged milk duct, low milk output, breast milk stockpile, poor breastfeeding latch, and induced lactation.
- Skin test
- Growth hormone stimulation test
- Tongue-tie release
Pediatric Specialty Area of Expertise
- Pediatric respiratory diseases and critical care medicine
- Neonatal-perinatal medicine
- Pediatric and adolescent endocrinology
- Pediatric infectious disease
- Allergy and immunology
- Gastroenterology and nutrition
- Cardiovascular system
- Pediatric surgery
- Kidney disease
- Oncology and hematology
- Pediatric psychiatry
- Child development
- Breastfeeding clinic